The Temple of Metaphysical Science (TMS) was the first Spirirtualist church on Long Island, founded by the Rev. Edna Claussen in 1956. The Temple of Metaphysical Science was granted a charter from the National Spritiualualist Association of Churches (NSAC) in 1970.
Church services were held in Rev. Claussen’s West Babylon apartment until the congregation outgrew that space in 1970. Services have been held each Sunday in a rented hall in Patchogue, NY since that time, first at the Masonic Temple on 15 Oak Street, and now in the American Legion Hall on Baker Street.
We are celebrating our 50th year as a recognized and chartered church of the NSAC.